Chef. Restaurateur. Entrepreneur. TV Personality. Author. Father.
Tomi Björck is Finland’s most cherished restaurateur and celebrity chef. With 11 restaurants in Finland, Sweden and Australia, 17 television series, five cookbooks, and a resume spanning some of the finest restaurants in Spain, London, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Sydney – he’s making his mark in Australia and beyond.
While Tomi’s roots are firmly planted in fine dining, creating unique food and dining culture is his passion. He travels the world in search of new tastes, new ingredients and exciting experiences. With a focus on social eating and local produce, each of his 11 restaurants is completely different.
“I believe in vivid food and experiences
that take people on a culinary journey.”
Tomi first stepped into the kitchen at 16 years old. By twenty-eight he had opened his first restaurant, Farang. An instant hit with Finnish diners, Farang was the beginning of Tomi’s journey to become one of Finland’s most successful restaurateurs. Tomi expanded his restaurant empire to Australian shores in 2017 with Blanca Dining and Blanca Bar, Bondi Beach. Now an Executive Chef at all 11 restaurants, Tomi oversees the food, menu and training. While making time for delicious worldwide research, cookbook writing, filming, surfing and spending time with his two sons.
Awards and Achievements
- Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand | Restaurant Farang Helsinki
- Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand | Restaurant Gaijin
- Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand | Restaurant Boulevard Social
- Waverly Council Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year | Restaurant Blanca, 2018
- Restaurant of the Year |Restaurant Farang Helsinki, 2011
- Junior MasterChef Nomination 2018 |Kultainen Venla
- Management Event Awards | Entrepreneur of the Year, 2014
- JCI Finland | Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 2014
- Most Positive Influencer | Helsinki, 2013
- Pro Gala | Entrepreneur of the Year, 2013
- EY | Entrepreneur of the Year, 2013
- Chef of the Year Competition Finland | Third Place, 2005
- Nordic Challenge International Competition I Young Chef of the year, 2005
- Nordic Challenge International Competition I Fourth Place for team, 2005